I'm a happy RN married to a hardworking resident. We have recently become Carolina fans and are adding the color "carolina" blue to our wardrobe and home. I love the east coast and couldn't be happier living in hot, sticky climate. I was raised on a farm/ranch with two wonderful parents and three fun loving older sisters. I went to a one room country school house down the dusty dirt road with grand total of three in my class. Life in the country was rich, meaningful, and simple, just the way I like it. So from country farmgirl to coastal bell, here I am, living life and loving it!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas around the house

It has been a long week.  Things have been busy, lots of emotions, and good times as well.  This has been a sad Christmas for me as my grandfather passed away December 18th.  It had been a battle for a few months because he was fighting an infection that just wasn't getting better.  We had been somewhat prepared but didn't know it would happen this fast.  I have more to blog about him what an amazing man he was but that is to come later when I can put it all into words.  I wanted to get these pictures up of the house all decorated for Christmas!  Since Christmas is now over.  We are going to have a fun week with Tim's family.  His mom is here and the rest of the crew gets in today and tomorrow.


A few things in the dinning room.  I saw this cute idea on pinterest to decorate my light fixture and I think it turned out great.  Fun and simple.





I am obsessed with burlap and was so happy with how the tree turned out.  I had a ton of burlap left over from Dad and Mom's party this summer so it was a free decoration!


I didn't get a chance to show this cute little ornament from last year so here is Jonah's first Christmas ornament from my friend Katie.


I got a little creative this year and decided to make ornaments.  We had an ornament decorating party at my church and I decided to make more for friends and family.




And the beautiful stockings my mom made.  They turned out great!  Isn't she so talented!  These are so special because she made them and I am loving the traditional Christmas colors along with my favorite aqua and green.




She also made the tree skirt.  Thank you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment