I'm a happy RN married to a hardworking resident. We have recently become Carolina fans and are adding the color "carolina" blue to our wardrobe and home. I love the east coast and couldn't be happier living in hot, sticky climate. I was raised on a farm/ranch with two wonderful parents and three fun loving older sisters. I went to a one room country school house down the dusty dirt road with grand total of three in my class. Life in the country was rich, meaningful, and simple, just the way I like it. So from country farmgirl to coastal bell, here I am, living life and loving it!

Monday, January 20, 2014

Christmas Time

Well it's officially January, well towards the end of January and I am finally getting Christmas pictures, and everything in between, up!  I'm not really sure what we have been up to and why I have not posted in so long, but I finally sat down and uploaded all the pictures.  Here are some pictures of my decorations and our last Christmas in our home in North Carolina.  It's hard to believe we have celebrated five Christmas's in our sweet cozy little home.  

Christmas was good this year.  I was dreading it a little after losing Ellie and all.  I didn't know what to expect, if I would have lots of breakdowns, if I would still be happy celebrating the birth of Christ and seeing my sweet Jonah open presents.  But you know God is once again good.  We had an amazing church service at the DPAC where JD preached on a Father's love.  I smiled and got teary thinking about my earthly father and what a gentle and sweet spirited man he is.  My dad doesn't ever say mean things about anyone, really he does not and that is a lot to say considering my heart is always needing to be checked for thoughts I am feeling about someone or something.  My Dad is a man of integrity, kind to all, fun, sweet, loves his girls, each and every one of them, loves my mom with all he is has which is so amazing to see, and loves the Lord.  I was pretty amazed listening to JD speak and then I lost it when I thought about my Heavenly Father who is everything my earthly father is, but so much more in a different way.  I am still in awe of his sacrifice for me and how he loves me unconditionally and took my place which I did not deserve.  I am so thankful that the Lord has kept bitterness and self pity away from me after losing Ellie.  I was afraid I would be angry, bitter, long for Ellie without contentment. But God has been there, he never left my side and I just can't get over how He has helped me overcome everything I didn't want to be.  I of course thought about my sweet Ellie through the Christmas season as I do with every day, week, and month.  But I just can't express how much God has given me peace that life here on earth was not what he wanted for her and I know she is in a much better place.  That's the only thing that gets me through the longing to hold her and have her here with me.  And I love my life and what God is doing here on earth.  I pray that I will be a witness to those around me and will be used to my fullest while here on this earth.  But I understand that longing that people have to heaven in such a different way now.  I have an overwhelming joy to join my sweet girl in heaven.






 I had some leftover butcher paper from Dad and Mom's anniversary party last year and decided that would be perfect for my wrapping paper this year!!  I loved how it all turned out!



 Making Christmas cookies.  Jonah was most excited about putting the sprinkles on the cookies.  And after they were out of the oven he was really not even that interested in eating.  He takes after his Daddy in that he does not really have a sweet tooth.


Love the concentration on that sweet face!!



 See the sweet little finger prints in the cookies?

No comments:

Post a Comment