I'm a happy RN married to a hardworking resident. We have recently become Carolina fans and are adding the color "carolina" blue to our wardrobe and home. I love the east coast and couldn't be happier living in hot, sticky climate. I was raised on a farm/ranch with two wonderful parents and three fun loving older sisters. I went to a one room country school house down the dusty dirt road with grand total of three in my class. Life in the country was rich, meaningful, and simple, just the way I like it. So from country farmgirl to coastal bell, here I am, living life and loving it!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Homemade Baby Food

Tim and I got a Baby Food maker from Grandpa and Grandma Soriente for Christmas.  I have loved it and used it a ton.  It is so easy and quick to make baby food for Jonah.  I decided from the beginning that I would make my own baby food one for the cost and two for the healthy organic food that I can make sure I am giving Jonah.  I so far have made:
Butternut squash, carrots, pears, apples and prunes, and plums and bananas.
It is so fun to do.  Here are a few pictures of the baby food making process.  And my mom is in town so I have been a bit behind on posting.  We have been talking over coffee, spending time with my sister and her kids, and she have been loving on Jonah!  My dad just got into town last night so I will be heading over to my sisters for the day to hang out with them.  Having my parents here makes me miss being close to them.  It is amazing how you want to be so close to home after you have baby.  I am so thankful for such wonderful parents and family all around!

 Here is the great Baby Cook that works so well to make quick and yummy baby food.


 I found a recipe on someones blog on how to make tasty baby food.  So I decided to try it out.  It was a couple of apples, 1/4 cup of plain yogurt, and 8 prunes, and a pinch of cinnamon.  It turned out great.  I found myself eating a little bit of it once it was done.

My Butternut squash I ended up just baking in the oven because it was so huge to put in the baby maker. It really is amazing how easy making your own baby food is.  I cooked it at 350 for 1 hour and then pureed the squash with the water it baked in.  They say then you keep all the good nutrients which seep out into the water.  Jonah has this fresh out of the oven and loved it!


 I got these great trays from Buy Buy Baby.  They have a lid that slides on then you just pop them in the freezer.  Once they are frozen then you pop them out like ice cubes and put them in a freezer bag and take a  couple of cubes out when ready to eat.


And here is a video of Jonah eating pears freshly made.   He loved those too.  I am so glad I have a good eater!

No comments:

Post a Comment