I'm a happy RN married to a hardworking resident. We have recently become Carolina fans and are adding the color "carolina" blue to our wardrobe and home. I love the east coast and couldn't be happier living in hot, sticky climate. I was raised on a farm/ranch with two wonderful parents and three fun loving older sisters. I went to a one room country school house down the dusty dirt road with grand total of three in my class. Life in the country was rich, meaningful, and simple, just the way I like it. So from country farmgirl to coastal bell, here I am, living life and loving it!

Friday, May 25, 2012

North Carolina ZOO!

Our little family of three went to the zoo a few weeks ago.  It was our first time going to the North Carolina Zoo, in Asheboro, and WOW was it amazing.  My husband likes to know facts about everything so on the way we looked up all there was to know about the zoo with a yummy cup of coffe to start the day out right.  We learned that the North Carolina zoo is the largest zoo in the world.  That is the largest in acres.  I think it is something like 1700 acres.  That is big for a zoo!  And it has some pretty cool animal and exhibits.  We throughly enjoyed our day there and are looking forward to going back!  Here are few pics from our day at the zoo!

The entrance to the zoo reminded Tim and I a lot of Animal Kingdom at Disney World.  It was really neat and this is zoo is well done.  And our visit made us want to go back to Disney World.  How about Disney 2013?!



I love African Violets.  I think they are such a pretty plant and have such a vibrant bloom.  But they are especially special to me because my Grandma Virginia grew the most beautiful ones you have ever seen. She had tons like 20 or more, and they were all over her house.  She had such a green thumb and I aspire to be just like her when it comes to growing beautiful things!


Momma and her baby!  This little guy was born January of this year of man was he cute!


 This guy reminds me of the Lion King.  Which by the way that is one of my all time favorite Disney movies!  So good!



Thats my bugga bear!!


Because our family loves turtles!!


So tired from riding in the stroller all day!  He loved the trip to the zoo!


Mr. Bear totally entertaining the crowd!





My sweet little baby!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment