I'm a happy RN married to a hardworking resident. We have recently become Carolina fans and are adding the color "carolina" blue to our wardrobe and home. I love the east coast and couldn't be happier living in hot, sticky climate. I was raised on a farm/ranch with two wonderful parents and three fun loving older sisters. I went to a one room country school house down the dusty dirt road with grand total of three in my class. Life in the country was rich, meaningful, and simple, just the way I like it. So from country farmgirl to coastal bell, here I am, living life and loving it!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Outer Banks Part I

Tim and I had a nice little get-away for Memorial Day Weekend.  We have both been wanting to go to the outer banks and do the whole light house tour, beachy weekender so we booked a little condo last month and got things rolling.  We were suppose to go with another couple, but they ended up not being able to come so it ended up being just the three of us which was fun.  We were a bit nervous about taking Jonah because last time we stayed in a hotel it was a disaster.  For those of you who don't know, my dear Jonah bear has never been a sleeper.  So we are always a bit nervous about the nights.  BUT he did amazing.  He actually slept better the two nights we were gone than he has in a long time.  So it was a great weekend and we had tons of fun.  I took SO many pictures so I will blog about our trip in a few different posts.


Our first stop was the North Carolina Aquarium.  It was nice to stop there to break the trip up a little bit.  It was really fun and Jonah was awake for the whole thing.  Not so sure about the alligator at first but then he gets brave!!



Next stop was a big tank where they had a shipwreck with lots of sharks and fish.  I was surprised how much Jonah was into it, but he loved watching everything swim by him.  So cute.




Just love love this photo.  



And then we had one more stop before we made it to our condo.  The Wrights Brother Memorial was on our way so we headed in and enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather.


I was pretty excited because I got this great shot with no one in the background!



And we made it!!  We couldn't check in until 4 pm so we decided to just go hangout at the beach for a little bit.  Papa and Mimi got these adorable sunglasses for Jonah for the summer.  He actually let us put them on him and he kept them on.  He was being a little ham.  I think we had them on a little too tight, they smushed he face a little bit, oops!


The view of the condos and the awesome pool!  We spent more time in the pool then we did at the beach because it was so convenient and nice!


Jonah's first time at the beach.  He LOVED the sand.  We had sand in the mouth, down the diaper, and squeezed into both those little hands as long as we would let him.




 Outer Banks trip part I

No comments:

Post a Comment