I'm a happy RN married to a hardworking resident. We have recently become Carolina fans and are adding the color "carolina" blue to our wardrobe and home. I love the east coast and couldn't be happier living in hot, sticky climate. I was raised on a farm/ranch with two wonderful parents and three fun loving older sisters. I went to a one room country school house down the dusty dirt road with grand total of three in my class. Life in the country was rich, meaningful, and simple, just the way I like it. So from country farmgirl to coastal bell, here I am, living life and loving it!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Apples for Everyone

On our way back from Asheville we stopped at Skytop orchard.  There is something about orchards that I can't get enough of.  Rows and rows of neatly kept trees filled with scrumptious apples of many different colors is hypnotizing.  We had fun admiring the beauty of the rolling hills and enjoying the last few moments of the hot summer days.  I do love summer and have always been disappointed with fall rolls into stay.  But this year I am ready.  I have my apple cider candle all ready to light, I have already baked one apple pie and and an apple crisp dessert.  My mum is happily sitting on my front porch. Now I just need a few pumpkins and we are ready for fall.  Plus I am 14 weeks pregnant and ecstatic about being pregnant in the winter not the summer.  It's gonna be a good year!


This is the beautiful view from the orchard!




Jonah wanted to watch Mimi feed the goats.  He was a little unsure!!



 Jonah found the Jonagolds!






 Papa, Jonah, and Mimi!



No comments:

Post a Comment