I'm a happy RN married to a hardworking resident. We have recently become Carolina fans and are adding the color "carolina" blue to our wardrobe and home. I love the east coast and couldn't be happier living in hot, sticky climate. I was raised on a farm/ranch with two wonderful parents and three fun loving older sisters. I went to a one room country school house down the dusty dirt road with grand total of three in my class. Life in the country was rich, meaningful, and simple, just the way I like it. So from country farmgirl to coastal bell, here I am, living life and loving it!

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sweet Summer Skies

There was lots of fishing, lots of dozing, some huckleberry picking, rocking, playing, and plenty of time to enjoy the Montana skies.  It was so peaceful at the cabin yet there were plenty of things to keep us busy.  It is easy to be busy now that Jonah is down one good solid nap a day.  While we were at my parents he was going nonstop from sunup to sundown and was back to 2 naps a day.  Yes, my two year old was napping at 9:30 and then again at 3.  But he was busy chasing rabbits, riding on the tractor with Papa, walking to the barn and back, playing the kitties, and much more so it was wearing him out! But now that we have been home and into a great routine I am able to have him stay up until about 12:30.  That is huge progress since before it was a battle to just keep him awake until 11.  But it is great because he goes down at 12:30 and sleeps 3 hours!!  I can get so much done and love the quiet time!

Anyway we had a great time at the cabin and are looking forward to spending a lot more time there in the years to come.  It will be very accessible and used a lot come next year!!

 A day on the beautiful Stillwater River!

 Tim was enjoying catching the trouts and brown's but wanted to let them go.  He is a believer is giving back and keeping what you have beautiful.  He said he wants to able to catch fish on this river at any given time!

And while the guys fished, this little guy was pretty busy with his birthday gifts.  A train track and some trains kept him busy for hours!





Since it is summer time I am obsesed with iced coffee.  I have my glass first thing in the morning and then end up wanting one by midafternoon as well.  I just can't get enough of it.  So Jonah wanted to try some of Momma's coffee.



 Look at those cute little lips!

Another great gift from Papa and Mimi, a car garage that Jonah was really having fun with.  We left it at the cabin so when we move back he has some toys to play with.

 Just relaxing with Papa in the swing.  Papa had enough fishing and Jonah wanted to be close to see Daddy so they had a little time on the swing together.  This is rare to see Jonah sit but it was so sweet he crawled right up into Papa's lap and they just hung out together.


Telling Papa a story!


No comments:

Post a Comment