I'm a happy RN married to a hardworking resident. We have recently become Carolina fans and are adding the color "carolina" blue to our wardrobe and home. I love the east coast and couldn't be happier living in hot, sticky climate. I was raised on a farm/ranch with two wonderful parents and three fun loving older sisters. I went to a one room country school house down the dusty dirt road with grand total of three in my class. Life in the country was rich, meaningful, and simple, just the way I like it. So from country farmgirl to coastal bell, here I am, living life and loving it!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cheers to my Hubs!!

Let me start out this post by saying I am so proud of my husband.  My hard working, easy going, supportive, sweet, caring, helpful, loving husband has graduated from the UNC Anesthesia Resident program.  Yay for you Tim! I am beaming with joy and and am so proud of the hard work you have done these last four years.  The speaker at his graduation summed up a Dr.'s profession very nicely, the time it takes the average person to go from K-12th grade is the same time it takes a Dr. to complete his training.  Yes thats right folks.  Four years of under-grad, 4 years of medical school, and 4 years of residency (some programs are longer like neuro surgery is I think 8 years) plus one more year of a fellowship.  There you have it.  What a long and hard road, but so exciting to finally see we are almost out of it.    I am so proud of Tim for all the late nights he worked, the days he would go in at 6 am and not come home until 8am the next day.  The many weeks of nights he worked, LOTS and LOTS of weekends, sometimes he would work 10 days in a row without a day off.  This is the life of a resident and Tim has lived it and worked it with ease and grace.  I am so proud to see how much he has put into it and how much he has grown.  He is loved by all at UNC and I know because when I was in the hospital with everything with Ellie, every nurse I came in contact told me that my husband was so nice and and such a caring and wonderful person to work with.  That did make my day and my heart was full of joy because he is a great guy.  He cares about his patients, has even had the chance to pray with some and share his faith.  He is a team player, always willing to pitch in and help, and is kind and respectful to all and loved by all.  I love you Tim Erpelding and am so proud of everything you have done and what a wonderful leader, husband, father, and friend you have been.  Heres to you!!!!!!!


 Some of the guys.  Tim, Jeff, and Chris.



 The whole class.  This was a great class.  We have done a lot of things from day one.  Everyone gets along so well and really has a good time together.  It will be sad to not see everyone next year.  But we have made plans to have a get together every year, we will see if it really happens!!

 This is the same placing for everyone from day one of their intern year.  Kind of neat to take it again and see they are all done!




We are so glad that Tim's mom was able to come to his graduation, it really meant a lot to Tim to have her here!




 It was so fun to dress up and go out again.  Laura stayed home with Jonah so we could all go together. It was at the Chapel Hill Country and was was so nice.  The food was great!



Congratulations Tim. Love you so so much!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Tim and Amy! It's neat to read about all that Tim has done to get this far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been a long long road, but we are almost there. How are you guys doing? We are praying you and a that you get to go back home soon. How is the house looking?

      Delete
    2. We are doing good. Staying in Anchorage while Brad goes back and forth to the village...our house is unfixable right now since our landlord refuses to help fix it. But we are actually happy about that because we might be sent to another village since we don't have home to go back to! We would love to go to this village so we're hoping there is housing there. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers Amy, it means a lot. It's fun keeping up with your family via blog...as always Jonah is so cute and has a great smile!

      Delete