I'm a happy RN married to a hardworking resident. We have recently become Carolina fans and are adding the color "carolina" blue to our wardrobe and home. I love the east coast and couldn't be happier living in hot, sticky climate. I was raised on a farm/ranch with two wonderful parents and three fun loving older sisters. I went to a one room country school house down the dusty dirt road with grand total of three in my class. Life in the country was rich, meaningful, and simple, just the way I like it. So from country farmgirl to coastal bell, here I am, living life and loving it!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

It's Time to party!

I threw a big party for Tim on Sunday for all of his classmates, family, and some of our close friends.  It was a great turnout with about 30 people including children.  So if you know me well, you know I love to throw a big party.  I am obsessed with searching pinterset for all the lastest and greatest decorating and party ideas, and love to read blogs and magazines for ideas as well.  I have had a collection of ideas for Tim's big party for awhile now and it was fun to see it all come together!  It was so great that Tim's mom was out for the party because she was a huge help watching Jonah so I could run errands, pick food up, and watched him the day of the party.  Tim was reluctant for me to throw him a party as he did not feel he was really done, but I informed him that he had accomplished so much and I wanted to recognize and celebrate him so we did.  Thanks to everyone that came out to celebrate!

There was lots of Jonah and Mimi time.  So sweet!

The spread.  I went with UNC carolina blue (except I was a little off on the color and went more aqua oops!) and then had cupcakes, a scrub cake, and flavored popcorn.  I had a great time putting the table together.  Then in the back I displayed his diploma from residency!

My friend Kpo made the cake and she did a great job!





I saw this cute sign on pinterest and tried to recreate it.  It was better on pinterest but I was still pleased with how it turned out!


The flavors of the popcorn were Salt and Vinegar, Caramel, and Jalapeño Cheddar.  They were all very tasty!

My dear friend Katie's little girl Kaitlyn.  What a cutie!


These are some of my dearest friends here in North Carolina.  We all met at small group, go to the same church, most of our husbands are residents together, we have had children together, and have stayed friends since then.  It has been so fun getting to know these girls and they have become my closest and dearest friends here.  It will be so hard when we all leave in a year and go our separate ways, but we will always cherish the time we had!

Enjoying a little cupcake!  He hardly gets dessert so this was a fun little treat.  By the end of the night he had frosting all over him!
Caleb enjoying a cupcake too.  Looking at this picture makes me see he is getting so big!
Tim enjoying sometime visiting with his friends and colleagues.
 

My friend Katie Beth and I!

Katie Beth, Melanie, Julie, and I.  Oh and Emery with Melanie!!


Some cousin love.  Amelia and Jonah have a love/fight relationship.  They are both the youngest and sometimes don't get the whole sharing thing.  But then they have these cute little moments where playtime is great together.  Here Amelia is loving on Jonah and they are both having a blast!  So sweet to see cousins together.



Congratulations Tim!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment