I'm a happy RN married to a hardworking resident. We have recently become Carolina fans and are adding the color "carolina" blue to our wardrobe and home. I love the east coast and couldn't be happier living in hot, sticky climate. I was raised on a farm/ranch with two wonderful parents and three fun loving older sisters. I went to a one room country school house down the dusty dirt road with grand total of three in my class. Life in the country was rich, meaningful, and simple, just the way I like it. So from country farmgirl to coastal bell, here I am, living life and loving it!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Outer Banks the Beginning

We were able to take a long weekend with some of our best friends to the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  I feel like I have lived here long enough and can say we went to the OBX ,the hipster, slang, I'm cool and know what I'm talking about way to say  outer banks if you are from here or have visited.  Ok I really don't feel that cool saying it, but that is how the "locals" or someone along those lines would call the outer banks.  I don't really care if that is how you say it or not I just wanted to share some pictures of the great time we had with the Joserps.  We decided to call our trip the Joserps Adventure!  Tim and I went to Duck (where we stayed) last year and fell in love with it.  We stayed at a great kid friendly place with it's own pool, tennis courts, b-ball courts, and a short walk to the beach.  We have decided we want to make this a yearly trip as long as we are in the area.  They have a really cool boardwalk with lots of cute beach shops, fun places to eat, and lots to do and see.  This year we changed it up by taking some friends along!



We broke the trip up a little bit and stopped in at the Aquarium on Roanoke Island.  Jonah loved the fish and was very happy to be free and running around!





He also loved the alligators and turtles.  He liked to look at them from a distance safe in Daddy's arms!





 Finishing off Daddy's ice cream made this little boy pretty happy.


 Unfortunately the weather was not that nice.  It was very windy and cold.  We got to go to the beach Sunday because it finally warmed up a little bit, but not warm enough to get in the water.

And this my friends is a fierce game of Settler's Of Catan.  Mark and Julie are a bit new to the game but I think they gave it a thumbs up, well they pretty much were addicted.  We played both nights we were there and stayed up until midnight!!  And they wanted more!  It was a bit rough when Jonah Bear was up at 5 both mornings.  But it was totally worth it.






No comments:

Post a Comment