I'm a happy RN married to a hardworking resident. We have recently become Carolina fans and are adding the color "carolina" blue to our wardrobe and home. I love the east coast and couldn't be happier living in hot, sticky climate. I was raised on a farm/ranch with two wonderful parents and three fun loving older sisters. I went to a one room country school house down the dusty dirt road with grand total of three in my class. Life in the country was rich, meaningful, and simple, just the way I like it. So from country farmgirl to coastal bell, here I am, living life and loving it!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Outer Banks The Middle

The Second day we were in Duck we took at little trip up to Corolla, which is about 20 minutes from where we were staying.  We toured Currituck Lighthouse, let the kids run around, napped, went to the beach, and ate some yummy seafood.  It is always a little challenging when you travel with children.  Especially when they are both under two.  Jonah woke up a couple of times throughout the night and then was up at 5, and then they were both on different nap schedules.  But you have to be flexible and we still had a great time.

 Good Morning Kisses from Jonah to Lillia.  They play pretty well together most of the time.  Jonah does some pushing, but Lillia holds her own.  We are still working on discipline, gentle, love, sweet.  It's an ongoing process!

 Currituck Lighthouse.  Tim and I visited here last year, but were too cheap to climb to the top.  This year we said yes and are so glad we did.  The climb was fun (a little scary for me) and the view was amazing.




 This picture is a little bit dark but this is from the bottom up to the top.  It was really neat and a very safe climb for the kids.

 Do you see Jonah's arm on Lillia.  This is how it went Jonah reaches out for her.  Gentle but enough force for a little love tap.
And Lillia is quick and on it.  She got that arm out too and then they went on about their own business.  They don't know it yet, but someday they will be madly in love and the pushing will just have been a phase.
 Julie and Lills!

We finally made it to the top.  I was a little bit nervous with Jonah running around.  There was railing all around, but Tim and I took turns looking around to make sure he was with one of us at all times.





 Once again I was trying out the manual setting and the aperture was too light.  I couldn't get it adjust to the right setting.  It was kind of neat how light it turned out, but not to perfection like I would like it.  One of these days I hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment