I'm a happy RN married to a hardworking resident. We have recently become Carolina fans and are adding the color "carolina" blue to our wardrobe and home. I love the east coast and couldn't be happier living in hot, sticky climate. I was raised on a farm/ranch with two wonderful parents and three fun loving older sisters. I went to a one room country school house down the dusty dirt road with grand total of three in my class. Life in the country was rich, meaningful, and simple, just the way I like it. So from country farmgirl to coastal bell, here I am, living life and loving it!

Monday, May 6, 2013

Strawberry Festival

I was so excited to go to the strawberry festival this year.  I kept hearing so many great things about it and thought it would a fun little family outing.  Our friends Mark, Julie, and Lillia came over for breakfast and then we headed out to the old Durham Athletic Park.  Unfortunately it was a cold, rainy, blustery day so the weather was not great.  But we got to play with bubbles, watch different bands play,  march with a marching band, and enjoy some food.  The strawberry season has been really bad this year because the weather has been so cold.  So there are little strawberries to buy and I don't even know if you can even pick them yet, but all in all it was a fun day with friends.


The old Durham Bulls stadium.  It is crazy to see how small this one was and how big the new one is now.


Fun with bubbles.  Jonah loves bubbles these days!  Fun and easy entertainment.



The marching band.  We were walking along and all of a sudden realized they were right behind us!







This is what happens when you leave Jonah with daddy to run to the store for a few minutes.  Apparently Jonah was screaming and would not eat.  SO daddy strapped his chair to the ottoman, put a movie on, and he was happy as could be.  Oh boy we are in for it.  Only Dad can do this, mom will not allow:)


No comments:

Post a Comment